Friday, April 17, 2009

Roger Williams Park Zoo Brochure



Stacy and I chose to make a brochure for the Roger Williams Park Zoo, because I went there at the beginning of the school year and had a great time.  I do not think many RWU students know about the zoo, so this would be a good way to get the message out. We went on the park website, and saw that the colors they used were green, yellow, and blue, and decided they fit perfectly.  At first, we just had a solid green background, but Professor Shiebler told us to try out gradient.  We did not want the background to be two different colors, so we added a little white to give it the gradient effect. 

The font on the entire brochure is Papyrus.  I like this font and think it fits in well with the zoo theme.  We got all of our information from the Roger Williams Park Zoo website. 

Stacy did the majority of the InDesign work for the brochure, and I was in charge of finding all the images.  I googled different types of animals and picked out the ones I liked.  I then used Photoshop to resize and crop the images, transferring them to CMYK style.  I originally wanted to make a banner going across the top of brochure with different types of wild animals, but I could not find images that worked.  Instead, I used the black zoo animals on a collage from google.   I used the Photoshop lasso tool to crop them and we placed them in their respective places.  I love the picture with the children looking at the seal, and think it goes nicely with the page it is on.  We had the most trouble with the cartoon image that is in the centerfold of the brochure.  It was hard to fit on the page. We kept on loosing the panda bear's feet and the top of the eagle's head.  Eventually, we got it to fit without stretching, and I'm very happy with the way it came out.




No comments:

Post a Comment